Monday, September 11, 2006

 

The day before



So it's happening. I'm finally taking an extended journey with my kids to a far away place. A place that has meaning for me personally, but a place that will be an adventure for the kids. I don't know if my love affair with India is like a teenage crush, a deep unbearable love that suddently dissipates when you see the object of your love for what he/she is, just a regular joe or jill. It wasn't their fault that you had a crush, they were what they were. They didn't change, you did. You grew up. Perhaps all loves are just different types of crushes... all basically dissipate one day when we grow up in one way or the other... it happened for me with Denmark. For all my life, I bestowed upon that little green patch all kinds of virtues and magical qualities, and then one day ... poof! it was gone. For me. Denmark hadn't changed in a profound way. In some small ways, yes, but not in a profound way. It carried on as it always has, with all its charms and monstrosities.

Here's a picture of our family last week. A friend of mine is practicing to become a professional photographer... and this is who we are just then.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?