Sunday, August 13, 2006

 

Preparing for the Journey




Traveling was always easy when it was just me - I was 27 last time I took a major trip. I did it alone. It was easy. Now I am 50, and I am taking my three boys and one of their friends. We will be gone for more than four months. I have so many details to take care of... connections to family, old friends, rough itinerary, where to stay, who and what to see, making sure the house runs well while we are gone, the plants, the bills, the pets... our health, budget & money, passports & visas... but the day is coming soon and I am very excited. Journeys like this change you forever. How will I change. What will my children think of India, the world, their place in it?

Here is a photo of a brilliant sunset from our backyard, overlooking Georgia Straight between Vancouver Island and the mainland of British Columbia.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?